Friday, December 25, 2009

Has anyone ever had a problem with their baby screaming as if in pain when using Desitin diaper cream?

My son is 5 months old and hasn't had a rash... I always use vaseline.. after he does a doodoo I clean him up and put vaseline... after a bath.. vaseline... he has yet to get a rash.. Maybe you can try that after the rash clears up on your little angel.Has anyone ever had a problem with their baby screaming as if in pain when using Desitin diaper cream?
If the baby does not have a rash then there may be a chemical reaction or allergy at work.





If the baby has a rash then it might be too irritating on the rash. Sort of like rubbing salt into a wound.





The rash might be too far advanced for a simple home treatment. I would take the baby to the doctor before proceeding.





Besides, creams and ointments like Desitin are used to protect against a rash. It should be used as a protective barrier -- applied to healthy, CLEAN and DRY skin.





A clean bare bottom in the fresh air and sunshine don't hurt either.Has anyone ever had a problem with their baby screaming as if in pain when using Desitin diaper cream?
Mine screams in pain for any cream! I think it's just a general ';Don't touch boo-boos they hurt'; rule and he hates it when I touch them no matter how gentle I am. Desitin is one of the best - but I also use aquafor - it acts a bit more like chapstick and goes on easiest.


I am sneaky now about putting on rash cream, not letting the little one see the bottle by hiding it behind the wipes box.
I have never had that kind of problem with my son when I put Desitin diaper cream on him. I always had problems with the A %26amp; D ointment.





I don't think that the Desitin is what making your baby scream. It is probably the diaper rash irritating the baby's bottom so bad that each time someone touches it, it hurts.
yep we sure did...my husband and I realized after a couple of times using it that she was in pain...we immediately stopped using it and started using a produce called Method diaper cream...we get it at target and it's about $8 for a 6 oz pump. It's made from rice milk and marshmallows and is 97% all natural...we haven't had any problems since we started using it.
yes! the only thing that doesn't hurt my daughter is called butt paste. it works really well





EDIT- look at the ingredients in the creams. most of them have fragrance and other things that cause it to burn. dont keep using it if it burns. i have also used lanolin cream, the stuff that goes on your nipples if you breastfeed and that seemed to work well also
yes, and for just about every kind of diaper cream. if the rash is bad it is gonna hurt no matter what. my son would cry really bad for a minute or two and then once it started to work he would calm down. it's normal for it to burn at first. if it looks like its not a normal diaper rash i would call the doctor.
if the rash is really bad its probably just tender to touch...





that happened once with my son...the cream helped him in the long run though..





if the rash doesn't seem to be bad but he seems to be reacting to the cream i would stop using it and call his pediatrician about it.
I agree with the first poster. My daughter doesn't like it if its cold, especially if she just got out of the tub. Try something else -- a completely different product, but equally cold, like vaseline and see if she reacts the same way. That will at least tell you something...
no.


if he is screaming as if in pain while using the cream, it could be a reaction to the cream, or it could just be hurting due to the rash.


id call the doc. just to rule anything out
No. There is nothing inti that should burn or cause irritation, unless their is something in it that she is allergic too. Call your pediatrician to be sure. Jk
My daughter complains sometimes because its cold, but not from pain....

No comments:

Post a Comment