Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cream or medium tone wood cabinets for my house. My heart wants cream, but will they go out of style?

I'm leaning towards hardwood floors as well. I am also considering a combo of cream and wood cabinets in the kitchen. I could use one for wall cabinets and one for island cabinets...? Help!Cream or medium tone wood cabinets for my house. My heart wants cream, but will they go out of style?
Yes, I think cream is nice, go for it. and cream will look great with hardwood floors. If you decide to use both I would do your wall cabinets cream and the Island in the wood.


If you just feel that you need to use some wood in the kitchen, this island is cool and would look great with wood floors too.


http://www.kitchenbathdesign.com/article鈥?/a>


here's another good one


http://img.timeinc.net/aolhome/i/design/鈥?/a>


Here is the reverse (wood cabinets w/ cream Island) and...I don't know, I just don't like it as much.


http://blog.kimvallee.com/images/blog_ki鈥?/a>


I hope you enjoy your new kitchen.Cream or medium tone wood cabinets for my house. My heart wants cream, but will they go out of style?
A good friend of mine, just redid their kitchen. Their cabinets they put in a medium toned beige, with white knobs. It looks very nice. I on the other hand just redid mine and I used the distressed ivory look. Looks vintage. Very nice. You should go check out the selection first at the home depot.
It sounds as if you are interested in a traditional syle of kitchen. Cream cabinets could look wonderful with your island in a mid-toned wood cabinets. You may also wish to look at a natural stone counter-top e.g. marble or granite. Either a undermount stainless steel sink or perhaps a white enamal farm sinlge sink with a high goose neck facet. I would choose a pewter or brushed nickel handles/knobs. Stainless steel appliances or concealed appliances (newest trend). Kitchens have changed direction (traditional styling) the cabinets tend to look more like furniture pieces. Depending on how elaborate you wish to take the traditional styling, you may wish to add corbels and moldings, inset doors as well as having some of the upper cabinet doors with glass inset with mullions. This traditional styling is timeless and will always be current.





Good luck
Cream is great. Mix this with wood if you want; that's done all the time now. I think every style will eventually be dated; you might have to redo your kitchen in 20 years. I don't like the white cabinets they do now; they're too hard looking, but the cream, especially with an antiquing glaze, is a wonderful look.
If you love cream go for it. Unless you think you'll be selling your house in the foreseeable future - in which case the medium tone wood is more marketable.
if your heart wants cream, then go for it. you shouldn't be too concerned about what others will think. or will you go for what style experts say and secretly long for something else
Hmm...not sure if I would go with BOTH cream and wood in the same space. Best to be uniform in your approach. What colour floors are you thinking? If you're looking at darker colours, I would go with wood cabinets. White oak, bamboo or lighter coloured floors would work with cream but I'm biased towards woods. So, for me, I'd stay away from cream and go med. toned wood cabinets.
Cream colored cabinetry goes out of style. White or antiqued white not so much.





If you ever intend on selling your house, I would stick with wood or white.

No comments:

Post a Comment